Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Michigan
Master of Science in Accountancy from Walsh College
Brian Foltyn leads REDW’s Valuation & Related Financial Services practice, with more than 25 years of professional experience in both industry and public accounting. He provides a wide range of business valuation advisory services, including strategic planning, dispute advisory, and mergers & acquisitions.
Since 2011, Brian has also served as an expert witness, actively providing litigation support services in the areas of accounting, economic damages and business valuation.
Brian has assisted clients in over 800 valuation and litigation engagements in numerous circumstances, including financial reporting, gift and estate tax reporting, shareholder disputes, breach of contract, divorce, business interruption, shareholder redemptions, buy/sell agreements, acquisition and sale advisement, C to S conversion, and employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs). He has also performed evaluations of work prepared by other valuation professionals.
- Coming Soon: “The Differences Between Price and Value: My Observations of 2022’s Public & Private Capital Markets’ Activities,” Arizona Attorney Magazine’s Expert Witness Special Issue (2023)
- “Protect Your Capital – Tools to Employ on Your Next Investment Opportunity,” Oklahoma Tribal Finance Consortium (September 2022)
- “Value: What It Means for Entrepreneurs,” Change Labs, Webinar (October 2022)
- “Preventing Failure: Key Drivers to Successful Advisory Engagements,” REDW’s Tribal Healthcare Focus Meeting, Virtual (October 2022)
- “M&A Trends for Tribal Organizations,” Insights In Indian Country, Podcast (December 2022)
- “What’s it Worth? Estate of Michael J. Jackson v. Commissioner,” Arizona Attorney Magazine’s Expert Witness Special Issue (2022)
- “Valuation Considerations Amid a New Environment,” Arizona Attorney Magazine’s Expert Witness Special Issue (2021)
- “Business Interruption: Circus Circus Challenges Insurance Policy,” REDW (2020)
- “Small Businesses: Consider Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs),” REDW (2020)
- “Rare Valuation & Estate Planning Opportunities – Capitalizing on Record Low Interest Rates,” REDW (2020)
- “Valuation Has Thrown a Wrench in the M&A Gears,” REDW (2020)
- “COVID-19 + Business Interruption – a two part series” REDW (2020)
- “When Good Data is Plotted Badly – An Introduction to Misleading Charts,” Arizona Attorney Magazine’s Expert Witness Special Issue (2020)
- “The Impact of M&M Candies in Business Valuation,” Arizona Attorney Magazine’s Expert Witness Special Issue (2019)
- “Adequate Disclosure 709 Preparation – Exploring Full Disclosure,” 2022 REDW Tax Kickoff, Phoenix, AZ (January 2022)
- “Business Transactions During a Pandemic,” Insights Into Indian Country Podcast (February 2021)
- “Risk Management: How to Stop Missing Marketing Opportunities,” 7-Part Agribusiness Webinar Series for Tribes (December 2020)
- “Plan For Future Success: Considerations For Tribal Economic Development During Times of Economic Distress,” The 2020 REDW Tribal Finance & Leadership Virtual Conference (November 2020)
- “Financial Literacy for Lawyers (Even if You Don’t’ Like Math!): Understanding Financial Statements, Tax Returns and Valuation Reports,” State Bar of Arizona Webinar (November 2020)