Ed Street, CPA/ABV/CFF, CVA, ASA
Principal, Forensics & Valuation Practice Leader
Ed has over 35 years of experience in public accounting, including business valuations, litigation support, auditing, and taxation. His valuation work has included valuations and related services for gift and estate purposes, purchase and sales analysis and negotiations, employee stock ownership plans, marital dissolution cases, dissenting and oppressed stockholder actions, eminent domain, and various other matters.
Ed has also performed and supervised numerous forensic, litigation, and consulting projects which have involved valuation matters, fraud investigations, analysis of claims for commercial and personal damages, professional malpractice, insurance disputes, trademark and patent infringement, reasonable compensation, marital dissolution, and matters involving partner and shareholder disputes.
He has served as an expert witness in cases before the U.S. District Court, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, and State District Courts in New Mexico, including service as a court-appointed (Rule 11-706) neutral expert in numerous cases. He has appeared on behalf of clients in arbitration and mediation settings and he has served as a mediation facilitator in commercial disputes and marital dissolution cases.
South Dakota State University
University of New Mexico Anderson School of Management
General Mediation Training at the University of New Mexico School of Law
Settlement Facilitator Training by the New Mexico Collaborative Practice Group
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
In addition to being a Certified Public Accountant, Ed holds the following certifications and designations:
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) – granted by the AICPA
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) – granted by the AICPA
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) – granted by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) – granted by the American Society of Appraisers
Ed is a member of the following professional associations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants (NMSCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- American Society of Appraisers
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (associate member)
- The ESOP Association
Ed serves on the Board of Trustees of Sandia Preparatory School in Albuquerque and has previously served as a board member of the UNM Anderson School of Management Foundation, the Albuquerque Rotary Del Sol Foundation, and the Central New Mexico YMCA.