Dean Willingham, CPA, CCIFP®, CGMA
With over two decades of experience in public accounting, Dean is an expert in performing and supervising audits for a wide range of commercial enterprises, including privately held and middle-market companies. He is knowledgeable about many industries, but has particular expertise with construction, real estate development, government contracting, technology and start-ups.
A proven leader, Dean has the ability to effectively coordinate and manage tax planning, preparation and consulting with clients. His keen technical proficiency, combined with his innovative and forward-thinking approach, have enabled him to create templates and forms resulting in new, high levels of operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Beyond his technical expertise, Dean is committed to providing value-added service that enables clients to balance risk, strengthen controls and optimize performance.
Bachelor of Business Administration from New Mexico State University
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
In addition to being a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Dean is both a Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Dean is a member of these professional associations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Member and former Council Member
- New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants – Member and former Chair
- American Subcontractors’ Association of New Mexico – Member and former Treasurer
- Construction Financial Management Association – Member and former Board Director
- Construction Industry Certified Public Accountants and Consultants – Member and former member of the Technical Issues Response Task Force
Dean currently serves as Treasurer for the Albuquerque Museum Foundation and is a member of the New Mexico Society of CPAs’ Diversity Committee.
- Construction & Real Estate
- Government Contractors
- Technology and Start-ups
- Audit & Assurance
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- American Subcontractors’ Association of New Mexico: President’s Award (2011 and 2018); Outstanding Associate Member of the Year (2013); Support and Appreciation Award (2019)
- Construction Financial Management Association: Outstanding Associate Member of the Year (4x)
- New Mexico Society of CPAs: Outstanding Member in Public Practice (2008)