Dean Willingham, CPA, CCIFP®, CGMA
With two decades of experience in public accounting, Dean is an expert in performing and supervising audits for a wide range of commercial enterprises, including privately held and middle-market companies. He is knowledgeable about many industries, but has particular expertise with construction, real estate development, government contracting, retailing, convention centers and lotteries.
A proven leader, Dean has the ability to effectively coordinate and manage tax planning, preparation and consulting with clients. His keen technical proficiency, combined with his innovative and forward-thinking approach, have enabled him to create templates and forms resulting in new, high levels of operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Beyond his technical expertise, Dean is committed to providing value-added service that enables clients to balance risk, strengthen controls and optimize performance.
Bachelor of Business Administration from New Mexico State University
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
In addition to being a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Dean is both a Certified Construction Industry Financial Professional (CCIFP) and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Dean is a member of these professional associations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants – Chair
- American Subcontractors’ Association of New Mexico – Treasurer
- Construction Financial Management Association – Past member, Board of Directors
- Construction Industry Certified Public Accountants and Consultants – Past member, Technical Issues Response Task Force
Dean is an advisory board member for the University of New Mexico Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, an honors fraternity for accounting majors, and an accounting advisory board member at Central New Mexico Community College (CNM).
- Construction & Real Estate
- State & Local Government
- Audit & Consulting
- Benefits Consulting
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Outstanding Associate Member of the Year 2013 – American Subcontractors’ Association of New Mexico
- President’s Award 2012 – American Subcontractors’ Association of New Mexico
- 3x Outstanding Associate Member of the Year – Construction Financial Management Association