Know what your assets are worth.
At REDW, we have a team of professionals dedicated to delivering business valuation and appraisal services. These include the valuation of businesses, ownership interests in businesses and intangible assets.
In addition to being CPAs, senior team members who practice in this service area have obtained specialized valuation and related training and certifications, including:
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), awarded by the American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), bestowed by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) specialty designation, awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) specialty designation, awarded by the AICPA
REDW is also a member of the Financial Consulting Group (FCG), a leading national organization of business valuation and financial consulting firms, and an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals. These affiliations grant us access to other professionals possessing specialized knowledge and experience in specific industries and valuation areas.
If you’re buying or selling a business, doing succession or estate planning, or involved in litigation, having an accurate, trustworthy assessment of value is critical.
We develop a thorough understanding of your business and industry to ensure our valuation is not only accurate, but also can withstand close scrutiny from federal and state courts, arbitrators, trustees, the Internal Revenue Service, and other regulatory bodies. Our team members are often called upon to provide expert witness testimony when valuation matters are part of a legal dispute.
REDW professionals have performed hundreds of business valuations and related services for a wide variety of industries, ranging from small, owner-operated concerns to enterprises with annual revenues exceeding $5 billion. Such valuations may be performed in connection with:
- Gift & estate tax planning and reporting
- Marital dissolutions
- Ownership disputes and other litigated matters
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs)
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Buy/sell agreements
- Purchase price allocations
- Financial reporting
- Purchase price allocation
- Intangible asset valuation
- Goodwill impairment testing
- C to S corporation conversions
- Eminent domain and condemnation actions
- Stock options and incentive compensation