Ron Rivera, CPA, CVGA
Ron has more than 35 years of experience in public accounting, and served as REDW’s Managing Principal from 2001 to 2016. During his tenure as managing principal, Ron guided REDW to significant growth, tripling its size in terms of revenues, the number of CPAs on staff, and the total number of employees. Throughout, he maintained the Firm’s Southwestern roots while establishing a national profile and opening an office in the Phoenix market.
Ron continues to serve clients in a variety of industries and is skilled at counseling individuals on tax, estate or retirement planning, and advising growing corporations on strategic planning, management structure, and the tax consequences of their activities. Ron frequently acts as an advisor to business and nonprofit organizations on strategic planning, budgeting and financial management issues.
Ron’s expertise includes:
- Advising professional service companies regarding tax and strategic operational matters
- Consulting with nonprofit organizations on structuring transactions to comply with tax regulations and obtaining their nonprofit status
- Advising businesses on integrated accounting systems that generate financial information to better manage and grow their business
- Strategic and business planning for companies and individuals
- Succession planning for businesses, including growth and profitability strategies for transition to maximize their value
- Advising clients on mergers, acquisitions and consolidations
- Alternative financing opportunities (industrial revenue bonds, private equity, etc.)
- Advising clients on real estate transactions, such as tax-deferred exchanges
Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of New Mexico’s Anderson School of Management.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Ron is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the Tax Section of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). He is also a Certified Value Growth Advisor (CVGA).
Ron has long been heavily involved in community activities. He is currently on the Board of Directors of the Hispanic Scholarship Fund NM Alliance, the Association of Commerce and Industry, the Museum of Spanish Colonial Arts and the Albuquerque Community Foundation.