Katherine Bastow, SPHR/SCP
Director of People Operations
Katherine joined REDW in August 2020 to head the firm HR Department, following a successful career in senior level HR positions in the hospitality industry. Her most recent position was as the Vice President of Talent Acquisition for a leading hotel management group. Katherine specializes in recruitment, leadership development, and succession planning and will implement best in class Human Resource tools and methods to deliver exceptional human resources and strategic direction at REDW.
Katherine lends her HR expertise to our HR Consulting practice based on her technical experience in the following areas:
- 15 years’ experience conducting internal investigations into possible employee misconduct and dealing with employee and public complaints.
- Conducted an audit of HR internal policy and procedures for a regional bank, including but not limited to employment processes, document compliance, I-9 file audit, employment and training documentation.
- Worked with executive team and department managers on establishing consistent hiring practices and to create fair and consistent HR policies and procedures.
- Created recognition, rewards and incentive programs to increase employee satisfaction and reduce turnover.
- Directed transition activities as part of a special task force that was responsible for HR integration during acquisitions, including a review of best practices, orientation and incoming HRD training and policy/systems familiarization.
Katherine has lived in Japan, Thailand, Australia, New York, and New Mexico, and understands people and HR functions from a diverse cultural lens and adapts this knowledge in understanding employee behavior and conflicts and in bringing sensitivity to interviews and other investigative tools.
Membership in Professional Organizations
Katherine is a member of the Society of Human Resource Management and served as Vice President of Human Resource Certification for the Northern New Mexico HR Association.
Katherine is originally from Australia and holds a Business Management in Hospitality (equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree) from the College of Tourism & Hospitality and a Human Resources Graduate degree from North Sydney Technical College.