Know what your assets are worth.
At REDW, we have a team of professionals dedicated to delivering business valuation and appraisal services. These include the valuation of businesses, ownership interests in businesses and intangible assets.
In addition to being CPAs, the senior team members who practice in this service area have obtained specialized valuation and related training and certifications, including:
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA), awarded by the American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), bestowed by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) specialty designation, awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) specialty designation, awarded by the AICPA
REDW is also a member of the Financial Consulting Group (FCG), a leading national organization of business valuation and financial consulting firms, and an independent member of the BDO Alliance USA, a nationwide association of independently owned local and regional accounting, consulting and service firms with similar client service goals. These affiliations grant us access to other professionals possessing specialized knowledge and experience in specific industries and valuation areas.
Whether you’re buying or selling a business, doing succession or estate planning, or involved in litigation, having an accurate, trustworthy assessment of value is critical.
We develop a thorough understanding of your business and industry to ensure our valuation is not only accurate, but also can withstand close scrutiny from federal and state courts, arbitrators, trustees, the Internal Revenue Service, and other regulatory bodies. Our team members are often called upon to provide expert witness testimony when valuation matters are part of a legal dispute.
REDW professionals have performed hundreds of business valuations and related services for a wide variety of industries, ranging from small, owner-operated concerns to enterprises with annual revenues exceeding $5 billion. Such valuations may be performed in connection with:
- Trust & Estate
- Shareholder & Succession Planning
- ESOP Advisory
- Valuation Disputes
- Financial Reporting
- Buy / Sell Agreements
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Marital Dissolutions
A commitment to integrity and objectivity.
REDW has provided consulting and testifying forensic accounting experts for hundreds of legal proceedings. Our highly experienced and credentialed professionals help clients understand complex financial and valuation issues in such cases as contract disputes, marital dissolutions, insurance claims, fraud examinations, shareholder or partner disputes, bankruptcy proceedings, business valuation matters, and more.
Our team’s role in providing dispute advisory includes:
- Consultation regarding case evaluation and discovery
- Examining accounting and financial documents
- Performing financial and economic analyses
- Preparing expert witness reports
- Providing expert witness testimony at deposition and trial
- Assisting in mediation, arbitration, and negotiation settings
Our seasoned professionals provide dispute advisory and financial forensic services in connection with commercial litigation, marital dissolution, bankruptcy, and criminal proceedings on behalf of either plaintiffs or defense attorneys; as neutral experts; or as experts for both law enforcement and civil arms of government agencies.
The many and varied types of cases for which we have served as consultants and expert witnesses include:
- Economic Damages
- Business lost profits
- Personal injury wage losses
- Wrongful death income losses
- Commercial litigation
- Employment disputes
- Intellectual property
- Loss calculations
- Presence of fraud patterns in evidence
- Analyzing movements and uses of cash and property
- Insurance Defense
- Business interruption
- Financial condition analysis
- Fidelity loss
- Catastrophe losses and other expenses
- Asset concealment
- Asset tracing
- Analysis and valuation of community business assets
- Wasting of community assets
REDW’s dispute advisory services are prepared and conducted in conformity with all applicable professional standards and are regularly submitted to, and withstand, the scrutiny of federal and state courts, arbitrators, trustees, and mediators.
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) estimates organizations lose 5% of their gross revenue to fraud, waste, and abuse annually. Fraud takes many forms, but generally falls into three categories:
- Asset misappropriation – theft of cash, inventory, or other organization assets
- Corruption – use of a position of power to obtain bribes or other inappropriate income or benefits
- Financial statement fraud – intentional manipulation of financial reporting to carry out fraudulent schemes
REDW has considerable experience in performing thorough analyses of indicators and allegations of fraud for both private and government organizations. We respect client concerns and we conduct examinations in a discreet manner to minimize the disruption of operations.
Our professional staff has specialized training and credentials, including:
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) specialty designation awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA) granted by the Institute for Internal Controls
We are prepared to address a variety of potential fraud schemes, provide your organization with direction on strengthening controls, and support your efforts to pursue criminal and civil remedies.
Helping you unlock your potential for growth.
REDW offers a variety of transaction advisory services (TAS) to tribal economic development corporations and growth funds, commercial clients, private equity firms and individuals across a wide range of industries, deal sizes and types. These services include:
- Financial due diligence
- Tax due diligence
- Post-integration services
TAS clients can rely on our team for continuous support throughout the entire transaction lifecycle— from pre-letter of intent (LOI) through post-integration.
REDW leverages its TAS team, which is composed of large-firm experienced transaction professionals that have expertise in a wide variety of industries throughout the United States. Whether on the buy-side or sell-side, REDW’s TAS team is nimble and provides tailored solutions to your transactions.
For more information, please contact Brian Foltyn.