From proactive compliance to big-picture advice.
STATE & LOCAL TAX (SALT) | CONSULTING & PLANNING | TAX PREPARATION | INTERNATIONAL TAX | SPECIAL SERVICES
REDW provides tax and accounting services to family owned businesses; closely held, multi-state and multi-national companies; trusts and estates; and individuals. We have deep expertise in such industries as construction, real estate, hospitality, wholesale, retail, and professional services, including physicians and medical practices, architects, attorneys, and engineers.
We are flexible. We can work with your existing team of attorneys, financial planners, bankers, insurance agents, and other professional advisors, or we can assist you in assembling the team.
Regardless of your size, industry or growth stage, our team functions as an outside business partner and strategic business advisor. In the process, we build enduring, mutually beneficial relationships with each of our clients.
For more information, please contact Christina Roderick.
Consulting and Planning
Taxes are an important consideration in most of your business and financial decisions, and many of your personal ones. Many organizations and individuals have limited resources and they struggle to strike a balance between addressing reporting requirements and focusing on tax planning.
Our tax professionals are uniquely positioned to help you strike that balance. We know how to get up to speed quickly with your firm and develop a plan that addresses all the specifics of your situation.
Our services include:
- Accounting for income taxes (ASC Topic 740)
- Accounting methods
- Controversy and dispute resolution
- Cost segregations
- Estate planning
- International tax
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Pass-through entities
- Premarital and divorce tax planning
- Research & development credits
- Retirement planning
- State and local tax
- Succession planning
- Tax planning & tax projections
No business owner or individual should pay more taxes than are legally required. We take pride in helping clients minimize their tax burdens while maximizing growth, equity, and cash flow.
Our priority is helping businesses and individuals reach their goals while understanding the complexities of the preparation and reporting process. We tailor our services to address your specific needs, and to meet international, federal, state, and local tax requirements.
Our services include:
- Estate, trust and gift tax returns
- Individual, corporate and partnership returns
- Nonprofit tax returns
To thrive in today’s global economy, multi-national businesses and American citizens working abroad need expert guidance they can trust to help them navigate complex international tax laws. Our experienced team will explain how complex international tax laws impact your business and develop a plan to reduce your taxes and improve profits by taking advantage of foreign tax credits, and more.
We serve businesses across a wide range of industries, both foreign corporations and U.S. Entities doing business abroad. We also offer tax planning and compliance services for individuals, whether they are expats or foreign nationals. With our assistance, you will be able to reduce your tax liabilities and stay in compliance with tax filing requirements, while avoiding the likelihood of an audit.
As a member of IECNet, a network of international accounting firms, REDW is also able call upon the collective expertise of member firms in nearly 80 countries to assist you with any cross-border tax questions and compliance issues around the world.
International Tax Services for Businesses:
- Tax Planning and Compliance
- Tax Structuring
- Tax Advisory
- Foreign Tax Credit Planning
- Export Incentive Planning
- Transfer Pricing
International Tax Services for Individuals:
- Expatriate Taxes
- Tax Planning and Compliance
- Foreign Tax Credits
For more information, please contact Pallav Acharya.
State and Local Taxes (SALT)
For most businesses, state and local taxes are a big part of their overall tax liability. You can count on us to stay current on the latest tax laws and alert you to tax-saving opportunities and potential pitfalls.
Our deep knowledge and resources will help you manage your tax exposure. This includes planning for and addressing your state and local tax responsibilities so they also contribute to your cash flow and bottom line.
- Business income and franchise tax. States are aggressive in enforcing their tax laws. We can help you keep up with the complex, changing rules. Our expertise with issues such as non-business income, sales sourcing, apportionment rules, and nexus can create opportunities for clients who plan their business transactions thoughtfully.
- State sales and use tax. Almost all states impose this tax, but many companies have difficulty navigating the ever-shifting rules to ensure taxes are properly collected or assessed. As a result, some businesses may overlook deductions or refund opportunities. We can help you with:
- Reverse tax audits to capture overpaid taxes
- Complex compliance issues
- Tax-savings strategies
- Property tax. Taking charge of your property tax assessments can offer major savings. We’ll help you stay in compliance—and ensure your assessments are fairly valued and reports are filed on time.
- Credits and incentives. States and local jurisdictions offer many tax credits and incentives to attract businesses. Our professionals can help you capitalize on these opportunities.
- State voluntary disclosure. When an exposure arises for current or prior period taxes, almost all states allow the taxpayer to come forward and pay the tax under a voluntary disclosure agreement. We have in-depth experience serving as the required third party to represent the taxpayer, helping to ensure penalties and interest are waived where allowed.
For more information, please contact James Ortiz.
Our tax team also provides a wide range of specialized services, including:
- Bookkeeping and accounting assistance
- Business formation/entity selection
- Buy-versus-lease analysis
- Cash flow projections and analyses
- Change of accounting methods
- Compiled and reviewed financial statements
- Cost segregation studies
- LIFO inventories
- Payroll tax reporting
- Representation before the IRS and other taxing authorities
- Transaction analysis