A commitment to integrity and objectivity.
REDW has provided consulting and testifying forensic accounting experts for hundreds of legal proceedings. Our highly experienced and credentialed professionals help clients understand complex financial and valuation issues in such cases as contract disputes, marital dissolutions, insurance claims, fraud examinations, shareholder or partner disputes, bankruptcy proceedings, business valuation matters, and more.
Our team’s role in providing dispute advisory includes:
- Consultation regarding case evaluation and discovery
- Examining accounting and financial documents
- Performing financial and economic analysis
- Preparing expert witness reports
- Providing expert witness testimony at deposition and trial
- Assisting in mediation, arbitration, and negotiation settings
Our seasoned professionals provide dispute advisory and financial forensic services in connection with commercial litigation, marital dissolution, bankruptcy, and criminal proceedings on behalf of either plaintiffs or defense attorneys; as neutral experts; or as experts for both law enforcement and civil arms of government agencies.
The many and varied types of cases for which we have served as consultants and expert witnesses include:
- Economic Damages
- Business lost profits
- Personal injury wage losses
- Wrongful death income losses
- Commercial litigation
- Employment disputes
- Intellectual property
- Loss calculations
- Presence of fraud patterns in evidence
- Analyzing movements and uses of cash and property
- Insurance Defense
- Business interruption
- Financial condition analysis
- Fidelity loss
- Catastrophe losses and other expenses
- Asset concealment
- Asset tracing
- Analysis and valuation of community business assets
- Wasting of community assets
REDW’s dispute advisory services are prepared and conducted in conformity with all applicable professional standards and are regularly submitted to, and withstand, the scrutiny of federal and state courts, arbitrators, trustees, and mediators.
The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) estimates organizations lose 5% of their gross revenue to fraud, waste, and abuse annually. Fraud takes many forms, but generally falls into three categories:
- Asset misappropriation – theft of cash, inventory, or other organization assets
- Corruption – use of a position of power to obtain bribes or other inappropriate income or benefits
- Financial statement fraud – intentional manipulation of financial reporting to carry out fraudulent schemes
REDW has considerable experience in performing thorough analyses of indicators and allegations of fraud for both private and government organizations. We respect client concerns and we conduct examinations in a discreet manner to minimize the disruption of operations.
Our professional staff has specialized training and credentials, including:
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) specialty designation awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA) granted by the Institute for Internal Controls
We are prepared to address a variety of potential fraud schemes, provide your organization with direction on strengthening controls, and support your efforts to pursue criminal and civil remedies.