Plan Sponsor Basics: The Dynamics of Retirement Plans
Defined contribution plans have many moving parts. From participants to sponsors, there are many parties involved and it’s important to understand their roles and how each part affects the Plan’s dynamics.
In this session – the second in a series of three webinars on Tribal Retirement Plans – Paul Madrid, a Principal with REDW Stanley Financial Advisors, will discuss the different roles and responsibilities of each provider serving the Plan. He will also share some best practices you should adopt to ensure you’re doing what’s in the Plan’s best interest.
- Roles and responsibilities for the parties involved in employee benefit plans
- Different fee arrangements and how to calculate “All-In” fees
- The levels of fiduciary responsibilities among all parties
- Best practices for fulfilling your fiduciary obligation
- Prudent Practices For Investment Stewards
- Department of Labor/ERISA
- Tax Information for Retirement Plans
- Profit Sharing Council of America
|Paul Madrid, CFA®, CFP®, AIFA®
Principal, Wealth Management Practice Leader, REDW Stanley Financial Advisors, LLC
Paul has been committed to providing adept, attentive service to his clients since joining REDW Stanley Financial Advisors in 2008. His experience ranges from working with individual clients to large institutions with assets up to $21 billion. Paul acts as an investment consultant with large government institutions and with Native American tribes by providing support to internal audit services, assistance with investment policies, asset allocation design, reviews of investment providers, and trainings on investments and fiduciary responsibilities.