The webinar recording is no longer available
The new Overtime rules just released by the Department of Labor (29 CFR Part 541)Â are expected to have far-reaching impacts on many employers, including Native American Tribes. Join us for this complimentary, live webinarÂ to learn what these latest updates to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) rules will mean, and what your Tribe needs to doÂ to prepare before the rules take effect December 1, 2016!
Our Tribal Human Resource Experts will explain:
- The New FLSA Rules â€“ Whatâ€™s New and Whatâ€™s Not
- Are Tribes Subject to the New Rules?
- What About Tribal Enterprises â€“ Do the New Rules Apply to Them?
- Critical Changes and Considerations
- How do the New Rules Impact Grant Funded Positions?
- Exceptions to the Rules
- Effective Use of Bonuses and Incentive Compensation
- Choosing Exempt or Non-Exempt â€“ Not as Easy as It Seems
- Communication Strategies for Changes in Status
- Strategies for Managing the Financial Implications of the New Rules
- How to Evaluate Your Options
- Where to Go for Help
|Carol Mayo Cochran, CPA/PFS, CEBS, CCP, CMA, CMS, THRP, CFC|
Senior Consultant, REDW LLC
With 30 years of experience in the employee benefits field, Carol has considerable expertise in employee benefits, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, and compensation planning. In addition to heading REDW’s HR Consulting Department, she is the principal-in-charge of Alliance Benefit Group Southwest, a sister company of REDW that handles the design and administration of retirement plans.
Alicia Finley, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, THRP, FCS
HR Consultant, REDW LLC
Alicia has 16 years of Human Resources consulting experience, particularly in the areas of employee benefits and compensation, and six years of experience in project management. Alicia earned the Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification from the Society of Human Resource Management, the highest distinction available to HR professionals, and is also Certified as a Flexible Compensation Specialist (FCS).