Navigating the COVID-19 Federal Appropriation Acts: A Roadmap for Tribes
REDW LLC | June 18, 2020
Through a variety of complex Federal Appropriation Acts, Native American Tribes now have access to unprecedented funding intended to provide financial relief during the COVID-19 crisis. Which means Tribes must not only plan for, secure, and then manage these funds in ways that maximize their impact, but should also take care to track and document all “allowable” expenditures to stay in compliance and avoid possibly having to repay the money down the road.
Join REDW’s COVID-19 Response Team of finance and consulting experts for a one-hour webinar that provides a roadmap for helping your Tribe successfully navigate today’s challenging and ever-shifting regulatory landscape.
The live webinar was presented June 18, 2020.
Presenters, in order of appearance:
- Rochelle Alcon – Senior Manager, Audit & Assurance
- Jennifer Moreno – Senior Manager, CyberHealth GRC
- Alicia Finley – Practice Leader, Tribal Compensation
- James Ortiz – Principal, State & Local Tax
- Brian Foltyn – Principal, Business Valuation
- Adam Smith – Senior Manager, Audit & Assurance
- Presentation Slides (PDF)
- REDW COVID-19 Federal Appropriations Summary for Tribes (PDF – Updated June 15, 2020)
- DIY Remote Workers Security Assessment Tool (Excel)
- Recommended IT Security Policies (PDF)
- Online security training from Proofpoint (formerly Wombat) – complimentary through July 1, 2020
- Online security training from KnowBe4 – password is “homecourse”
- FAQs from IRS on Employee Retention Credit