Webinar: Overview of the CARES Act Stimulus for Tribes
REDW LLC | April 8, 2020
The COVID-19 crisis and resulting CARES Act have many implications for Indian Country – including $8 billion in stimulus funding set aside for Tribes. Answers to many questions are still pending, but on April 7, the tribal finance & legal experts at REDW and Dorsey & Whitney shared critical information with Tribes to help them get the Federal assistance they need.
Presenters Corrine Wilson, CPA and James Nichols (Senior Attorney, Dorsey & Whitney LLP) provided viewers with an overview of the CARES Act and related Federal guidance for Native American Tribes, including:
- Stimulus funding set aside for Tribes, proposals for distribution, and how to prepare your Tribe to promptly get its share of funding.
- OMB guidance for Federal funding and Single Audits.
- What Tribal CFOs and Controllers should be tracking and preparing for, to access the stimulus funding once implementation regulations are in place.
View the Webinar Recording:
|Corrine Wilson, CPA
Principal | National Tribal Practice Leader
Senior Attorney, Dorsey & Whitney LLP
Handouts and Other Resources
- Overview of the CARES Act for Tribes (a copy of the slides)
- REDW Tribal COVID-19 Federal Summary (updated May 5, 2020)
- OMB Memo M-20-17
- REDW Financial Steps for Tribes During COVID-19
- How to Spot Avoid and Report Coronavirus Scams (from the FTC)
- Supplemental Q&A
- Coronavirus Resource Center (Dorsey & Whitney website)