Plan Sponsor Basics: Maintaining Your Organization’s Retirement Plan
Congratulations! You are now in charge of your tribal organization’s retirement plan. Of course, you want to do the right things to run your plan, but you may need guidance to determine what the right things are.
In the first in a series of three webinars about Tribal Retirement Plans, ABG Southwest Principal Dennis Davis discusses the day-to-day issues that many plan sponsors face in the design and operation of their retirement plans – and, more importantly, how to tackle them.
- The role the plan sponsor plays in administering a retirement plan
- How to identify which federal rules apply to your plan(s) and when
- Tips for avoiding potential administrative pitfalls, such as:
- Missed enrollments
- Organization re-hires
- Employee transfers
- Contribution changes
- Employee loans
- How to correct these mistakes once identified
- Self-correction limitations
- IRS Guidance on Fixing Retirement Plan Errors
- Department of Labor’s Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program and Delinquent Filer Voluntary Compliance Program
|Dennis Davis, SPHR, CEBS, CPC, AIF®
Principal/Benefits Consulting Practice Leader, Alliance Benefit Group (ABG) Southwest
Dennis is a seasoned benefits specialist with more than 20 years of industry experience working with a diverse range of workplace benefit plans and clients. For more than a decade, Dennis has been an invaluable leader within REDW’s retirement plan administration team, and was instrumental in helping to establish ABG Southwest as an affiliate of REDW that is dedicated to providing third-party administration and recordkeeping services for retirement plans. As a Principal, he oversees all aspects of ABG Southwest, from operations and client experience, to business development.