Complex laws and rules call for seasoned guidance
Tribal gaming involves complex legal and operational issues requiring sophisticated management. Internal controls and airtight accounting systems are critical, as is adherence to many reporting and auditing regulations at the state and federal levels. Further, Tribal gaming enterprises face specialized and unique tax reporting requirements.
REDW has worked with Tribal gaming operations for more than two decades, and has developed a comprehensive understanding of this specialized industry. In addition to audit services, we offer operational expertise specific to the Tribal gaming industry. Our professionals will help you implement and maintain the systems necessary to maximize profitability and long-term success. As always with REDW, our gaming business experts provide the highest levels of client service and responsiveness to your needs.
REDW’s deep knowledge of gaming principles, internal control standards, financial reporting, auditing requirements, and operational issues make us an ideal partner for your Tribal gaming operation.
We offer the following services:
- Benefit plan administration
- Development of internal controls for regulatory compliance
- Development of operating policies and procedures manuals for commissions and casinos
- Development of gaming regulation ordinances
- Development and/or implementation of standards to comply with NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS)
- Negotiation of management contracts and state compacts
- Establishment of Tribal gaming commissions
As members of the AICPA’s Gaming Task Force, REDW provided content and technical expertise to produce the latest AICPA Gaming Audit & Accounting Guide, the first update to be published on this subject since 2006, and the first major rewrite in more than 30 years.