With 25 years in public accounting, Steve serves a wide variety of clients, including hospitals, clinics, physician groups, and other healthcare providers, Tribal enterprises, not-for-profits, financial institutions, wholesalers, real estate developers, state and local governments, manufacturers, insurance companies, and tribal 638 self-determination and self-governance boards.
Steve's areas of practice include financial statement audit; internal audit training and outsourcing; compliance; fraud prevention and investigation; business process consulting; internal control; accounting and bookkeeping; audit preparation assistance; and performance measurement.
Steve joined REDW in 1992 after several years of audit experience with a national firm.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Steve is a Certified Public Accountant in New Mexico, Arizona and California. He is also a member of, or participates in the following professional organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants (NMSCPA)
- Association of Healthcare Internal Auditors (AHIA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Steve is President-Elect of the Albuquerque Museum Foundation Board of Directors; Secretary of New Mexico Healthcare Executives, an independent chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives; and is a graduate of the 2006 class of Leadership New Mexico. His wide-ranging community work includes:
- 10 years as a Board member of Catholic Charities
- Five years as Chair of the 4th Street and Montaño Area Improvement Coalition community revitalization project
- Several years as a Board member of the New Mexico Information Technology & Software Association and the Entrepreneurial Leadership Accelerator
- Six years on the New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants’ Peer Review Committee