James has been in public accounting for 15 years. Throughout his accounting career, James has specialized in providing audit, accounting and consulting services to various tribal governments, government municipalities, tribal casinos and other business enterprises. He also supervises a team of REDW accounting specialists that specialize in providing accounting and audit preparation services to various governmental entities and other tribal enterprises.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
James is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the following organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants (NMSCPA)
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Presenter to the Oklahoma Tribal Gaming Regulators Association (OTGRA)
- Presenter to the National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA)
- Presenter to the Native American Finance Officers Association (NAFOA)
- Presenter to the Native American Grant School Association (NAGSA)
- Presenter/Trainer for REDW continuing professional education and REDW sponsored training seminars
James is Treasurer of the Tierra Adentro of New Mexico charter school and has served as a Panel CPA for United Way. He is also an active volunteer for the St. Felix Pantry and the Cristo Rey Albuquerque High School Feasibility Study Advisory Committee.