Eric has a broad background in both private industry and public accounting. His 16 years of experience covers real estate and construction taxation, mergers and acquisitions, tax planning for closely held businesses and owners, and business entity selection.
Eric has extensive experience with business structures including S corporations, C corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies (LLCs). His passion for client service has helped many businesses and business owners achieve their financial goals.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Eric is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the following professional associations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants (NMSCPA)
- Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce (AHCC)
- National Association of Industrial Office Properties (NAIOP)
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Eric has published articles and delivered presentations on numerous tax topics; including real estate, federal tax updates, closely-held business planning and the alternative minimum tax.
Reflecting his long commitment to community service, in 2007, Eric received the New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants’ Community Service Award. He is currently a participant of Leadership New Mexico and a graduate of Leadership Albuquerque. Some of his notable community work includes the following:
- New Mexico Society of CPAs, Director
- Bosque School, Board Treasurer and Finance Committee Member
- National Hispanic Cultural Center Foundation, Treasurer
- Campfire USA, former Board Member
- Quality New Mexico, former Member of the Executive Committee
- St. Pius X Foundation, former Treasurer
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of New Mexico, former Treasurer
- Manzano Day School, former Trustee