Chris has been in public accounting since 1994. He joined REDW in 1996 and became a Principal with the firm in 2008.
Chris is one of the leaders of REDW’s healthcare industry service team. By performing financial audits and consulting with many hospitals and healthcare organizations in the areas of revenue cycle improvement, internal controls, and internal audits, Chris has developed a broad base of knowledge in this industry. In addition, Chris is past President of the New Mexico chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA).
Chris also serves many of the firm’s Native American clients in the Audit and Consulting department. He has extensive experience auditing Native American tribes and nonprofit organizations receiving federal awards. Chris also provides audit, revenue cycle consulting, and internal audit services to Native American hospitals and health centers.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Chris is a Certified Public Accountant. He is also a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- New Mexico Society of Certified Public Accountants (NMSCPA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Presenter at NM HFMA Conference - November 2010
- Presenter at California Rural Indian Health Board Conference - April 2010
- Presenter at Colorado HFMA Conferences - April and September 2009